CBD-Infused Hot Chocolate Recipes
Now that CBD is mainstream, it’s common to see it infused into foods and beverages, with cafes regularly advertising CBD smoothies and CBD lattes. But CBD hot chocolates? Could this be the latest craze? Anyone who has tried unflavored CBD oil will likely be aware that the taste leaves much to be desired. While flavored oils provide a solution to the taste, the oily texture is still not for everyone. Beverages are the ideal fix, and there are few drinks tastier and more comforting than a hot cup of cocoa. This article looks at why hot chocolates are a great way to consume CBD, and also provides four incredible cannabidiol-infused hot chocolate recipes.
Why Try CBD Hot Chocolate?In principle, CBD hot chocolates are the ultimate way to take cannabinoids. They provide some awesome benefits, including the following:
- Amazing taste: Compared to products like tinctures, CBD hot chocolates are incredibly tasty. There are even multiple ways to flavor them.
- Adjustable dosage: When making CBD hot chocolates at home, it’s possible to adjust the amount of CBD you’re using. You can use however much tincture you need to provide you with the right amount.
- Relaxing: Many people take CBD to unwind, but hot cocoa adds a whole new layer. Curl up on the couch buried beneath cozy blankets and a CBD hot chocolate, and you’ll quickly feel your stress melt away.
- Long-lasting effects: Since CBD beverages function like edibles, the CBD releases slowly over a longer period. As a result, you reap the effects for longer.
Picking the Best CBD for Hot ChocolateThere are multiple ways to infuse a hot chocolate with CBD. First, you need to choose whether a CBD isolate or full-spectrum product is better suited to your needs. Isolate powders are excellent for stirring into drinks, while CBD oils make measuring easy. Either way, CBD does not bind with water, so it’s vital to use milk in the hot chocolate to make the consistency pleasant. Otherwise, you’ll be left with oil floating on the surface of the drink and a less than pleasant taste. Some brands offer CBD liposomes, which are water-soluble and easy to use in beverages. If you can’t find CBD liposomes that suit your budget, don’t worry; all of the following recipes work great with any CBD tincture. Of course, our Vanilla flavored range is our personal favorite when it comes to adding CBD oil to hot chocolate.
CBD Hot Chocolate RecipesBelow are four hot chocolate recipes infused with CBD. You can use any of your favorite CBD products, but make sure to calculate how many drops to add based on the amount you need.
1. CBD Hot ChocolateThis CBD hot chocolate is very basic. It’s a mug of comfort for those who don’t like to experiment with something new. Serves: 1 You will need:
- 1 oz dark or milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- PureKana Natural CBD Oil
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate (cut into chunks), cocoa powder, and ½ of the milk. Melt it together over a low heat, stirring to prevent burning.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, add the remainder of the milk, along with the cinnamon and the sea salt.
- Stir in the sugar a bit at a time until it dissolves, then add the CBD oil.
- Pour the hot chocolate into a mug. Top the cocoa with some whipped cream and marshmallows if you feel extra sweet.
2. CBD Peppermint Hot ChocolateMint hot chocolate is a true symbol of the holiday season, but you can enjoy it at any time of year. Chocolate and mint-flavored CBD go hand in hand, so this is a great recipe to have under your belt. Serves: 2 You will need:
- 2 ½ cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 oz dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- PureKana Mint CBD Oil
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Add the 2 1/2 cups coconut milk to a small saucepan and heat on medium until it comes to a gentle boil.
- Switch off the heat and add all the other ingredients. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into mugs and serve immediately. Optionally, top with whipped cream and crushed candy cane.
3. CBD Salted Caramel Hot ChocolateSalted caramel is undeniably delicious, with a mouth-watering flavor that you won’t be able to get enough of. This is an easy recipe that you can whip up to impress guests. Serves: 2 You will need:
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 oz milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Big pinch of salt
- Caramel sauce
- PureKana Vanilla CBD Oil
- In a small mixing bowl, rub the lemon juice and sugar together until the sugar becomes damp and fragrant.
- Over a medium heat, preheat a small saucepan until it becomes hot. Then, add the sugar. Stir immediately and continuously as it turns to liquid and takes on a caramel consistency. Continue until it turns amber in color.
- Add the milk. The caramel may seize, but keep whisking as the milk warms and the caramel melts again.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the chocolate, whisking until it melts and reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add a large pinch of salt, then taste and add more if necessary.
- Serve in mugs topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
4. CBD Lavender Hot ChocolateThe relaxing properties of CBD and hot chocolate take on a new dimension when combined with lavender. If you’re struggling to sleep, then try this hot chocolate on for size and settle down. You’ll be off to dreamland in no time. Serves: 1 You will need:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp culinary lavender
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- PureKana Sleep Aid Tincture
- Pinch of salt
- Edible flowers, to garnish (optional)
- Add all the milk to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the lavender, cover, and steep for 10 mins over a low heat.
- Pour the lavender milk mixture through a tea strainer or sieve to remove the flowers.
- Blend the lavender milk with all the other ingredients.
- Pour into your favorite mug and serve.