This Unreal Mint CBD Hot Chocolate Recipe
When it hits autumn, the nights are darker much earlier and the weather has turned much colder already. That’s right, winter is just around the corner, and before we know it Thanksgiving and Christmas will be upon us.
Nothing speaks more of the holiday season than curling up by the fire snuggled beneath blankets with your fingers wrapped around a mug of hot cocoa. But why not incorporate some CBD into your hot chocolate for an added boost? Yep, you heard us right – CBD hot chocolate. It’s a dream come true! Even if winter isn’t coming upon you, this hot cocoa recipe can be enjoyed any time of year; it’s that delicious.
Read on to find out more about our amazing mint hot chocolate recipe…
Why take CBD?
It seems that CBD is the latest health craze, but this is a trend we don’t really see passing in a hurry. CBD is here to stay, and for good reason.
Cannabidiol, more commonly referred to simply as CBD, is one of the active compounds from the Cannabis sativa plant. It is non-intoxicating, unlike other cannabinoids like THC, and it apparently has some pretty great potential. Many people take CBD and swear by it.
Even if you feel in tip-top shape, CBD could be a good addition to your winter diet. CBD works by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in the body, which plays a pivotal role in creating balance. With the body more susceptible to outside forces in the winter, this can be potentially useful.
Taking CBD every day to protect yourself sounds easy enough, but a lot of people find the taste quite off-putting. Luckily, we have developed a tasty mint option for those who would prefer to avoid the earthy taste of CBD, and that’s exactly what we use in our holiday hot chocolate.
PureKana Mint CBD Oil
You might be wondering why we chose peppermint for our CBD. Peppermint comes from the M. peperita plant, and has its own unique properties. Add in the CBD, et voila! A tasty and healthy supplement that’s perfect for the holidays.
The 30ml bottle contains 40 servings of CBD, with one serving being ½ a dropper. The whole bottle contains 300 mg of CBD, equating to about 7.5 mg per serving (15 drops). There is also a 600 mg and a 1000 mg option available for those who prefer more potency.
This product is made from organic, non-GMO hemp, grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, solvents or chemical fertilizers. It is lab-tested to ensure quality and prove that each bottle contains less than 0.02% THC, meaning it is completely non-intoxicating.
Now that we’ve convinced you, let’s check out this delicious mint hot chocolate recipe.
Mint CBD Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened milk (can use almond milk or other varieties)
- 4 squares dark chocolate (approximately 1.28 oz)
- ½ tsp sugar (or another sweetener like stevia)
- Peppermint candy (such as a candy cane)
- PureKana Mint CBD Oil
- Peppermint oil (optional)
- Marshmallows and whipped cream (optional)
- Break up the chocolate into a saucepan and warm over low heat.
- As the chocolate begins to melt, slowly stir in the milk. When the mixture begins to blend well, add in the sweetener and stir it in until dissolved.
- Pour hot chocolate mixture into your favorite mug.
- Add in the PureKana Mint CBD Oil (tailored to your regular serving) and stir.
- For stronger mint flavor, use a toothpick dipped in peppermint oil to stir your hot chocolate.
- Stir again with a candy cane and leave in to garnish. Add whipped cream and marshmallows as desired.
- Serve immediately.
This is a recipe that will definitely impress your friends at any holiday gathering, but is also perfect for a cozy night in as it snows outside.