So, you’re new to CBD. Perhaps you have already taken the plunge and bought some CBD oil, only to find that it doesn’t taste so great. While there are flavored options available, it would be a waste to toss away the rest of the bottle, right?
Luckily, there are other ways to take CBD oil rather than just dropping it under your tongue. If you love cooking and being healthy, then these five CBD recipes are the perfect fit for you.
First, though, let’s take a look at what CBD is, and why you might want to cook with it in the first place.
Is CBD Good for You?
Cannabidiol, otherwise known as CBD, is one of many naturally occurring cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. It’s believed to have unique properties because of the way it interacts with the human body’s endocannabinoid system, or ECS. This system regulates many aspects of our bodily functions – you might think of the ECS as a messaging system that helps to keep our internal physiology in a state of balance and equilibrium.
When we consume CBD, it stimulates the ECS, leading to a better-functioning and more balanced body. What’s more, CBD is generally well-tolerated in humans, according to the World Health Organization. It is also non-addictive, non-intoxicating (it won’t get you high), and poses few risks in terms of adverse side effects.
Why Cook with CBD?
There are, of course, many ways to take CBD. Some of the most popular methods include sublingual oils. However, unflavored CBD oils can have a fairly strong hemp taste, which some find overwhelmingly raw and earthy (i.e. they may not be to everyone’s liking).
This does not mean you should rule out oils though. Even if you don’t like the taste, you can use CBD oil for cooking. This largely eliminates the quirky taste and cumbersome dosing techniques, and can in fact turn your CBD experience into a culinary sensation.
Some of the following recipes are even vegan and vegetarian-friendly, so there really is something for all walks of life here. And in terms of the amount of CBD you use in each recipe, that’s totally up to you.
To create any of the wonderful dishes below, simply use high-quality CBD oil. At PureKana, we stock a full range of world class tinctures, perfect for the recipes that follow.
5 Delicious CBD Recipes That Anyone Can Enjoy
#1: Mexican Quinoa Salad with CBD
Vegans and vegetarians will adore this delicious quinoa salad. It’s also incredibly easy to make, and you’ll only need one large pan for this one-pot meal. Also, it will keep for a few days in the fridge, so you can take a little to work each day for your lunch.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- CBD oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15oz kidney beans, drained
- 15oz sweetcorn, drained
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Mix together the vegetable oil with the CBD oil until it is blended well. Heat this mixture in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic to the oil and cook for about two minutes until it is softened.
- Add in the black beans, corn, tomatoes, quinoa, vegetable stock, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir until mixed well, then cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the avocado and lime juice.
#2: Cookies & Cream Cheesecake CBD Bites
Though the name of this dish is a mouthful, these little bites are just the perfect size! Despite their cheesecake name, these sweet snack balls are actually vegan and gluten-free, so no worries about your dietary preferences. Of course, if you aren’t a vegan, you can swap out ingredients like almond butter for the regular butter you already have in your fridge.
- ½ cup almond flour
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon (gluten-free) baking powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 drops vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup cream cheese (vegan, of course!)
- CBD oil
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F.
- Place the almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, and combine well. Mix in the flax egg and coconut oil.
- Place this dough on a sheet of baking paper. Press the dough into cookie shapes, about 1-2 inches wide.
- Transfer this to a baking tray and place in the oven; bake for 12-15 minutes until crispy. Then allow the cookie to cool – it should crisp up as it cools down.
- When the cookies are crispy, crumble them up into cookie crumbs in a bowl, and set this aside.
- Add the almond butter, cream cheese, and CBD oil to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Fold in half of the crumbled cookies.
- Take a spoon – or an ice cream scoop is better – and scoop out the mixture one ball at a time. Drop the ball into the rest of the crumbled cookie mixture, and roll to make sure the cheese is covered.
- Set the completed balls on another tray, and once you have them all, chill them in the freezer or fridge.
#3: Superfood CBD Protein bars
These delicious protein bars will do everything to satisfy those sugar cravings but still remain on the healthy side. Packed full of protein, they will help you to stay fuller for longer. Once made, stick them in a tupperware box and eat them as and when you want.
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder (or plain protein and some cocoa powder)
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup mixed nuts and seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 25g dark chocolate, chopped
- 20 dates, chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- CBD oil
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- ¼ cup water
- Line a dish with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the chocolate protein powder, hemp seeds, mixed nuts and seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and dark chocolate in a food processor and mix for ten seconds. Try not to blend for too long, as you still want it to be a little crispy and chunky. Set this aside.
- Add the dates, coconut oil, nut butter, CBD oil, and water to the blender and mix until fully combined. If the mixture is too stiff, gradually add more water to liquefy it. The dates may not fully blend out, but as long as it is all mixed well, it will do.
- Combine the wet mix with the mixture from before in a large bowl, and combine it well.
- Pour the mix into your dish and spread evenly. It will not rise or change in size, so think about how thick you want the bars to be. Use a flat kitchen utensil to smooth out the top. If you want, add some more nuts and seeds to the top to make it look nice.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, then chop into bars when it is solidified.
#4: Carrot Cake Overnight Oats – With a CBD Twist!
Have you ever heard of overnight oats? Basically, they provide a tasty serving of healthy porridge, but without all the stirring of the pan and burning of your tongue when it’s too hot. You simply pop a jar of oats and your liquid of choice in the fridge overnight so that the oats absorb all the moisture, and hey presto, in the morning, you have porridge ready to go! You can heat it up or eat it cold, and it’s delicious either way. If you like a little flavor to your porridge, why not try this CBD-infused recipe for overnight oats that tastes just like carrot cake.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 and ¼ cup milk (or almond milk for a dairy-free alternative)
- CBD oil
- Mix together the rolled oats, carrot, cinnamon, allspice, chia seeds, and raisins in a bowl.
- Add in the vanilla extract, maple syrup, milk, and CBD oil, and then mix together again.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or leave overnight.
- If you want, top with Greek yogurt and pecans, and serve!
#5: Energizing Chocolate CBD Latte
For a truly easy CBD fix, you might want to try out a CBD beverage. CBD coffee is becoming very popular, and so here is a deliciously sweet latte recipe containing enough CBD to get you through the day. In fact, this recipe doesn’t contain any coffee, and so it is completely caffeine-free, but it tastes just like a good ol’ latte.
- 1 cup milk (or a plant-based alternative)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- CBD oil
- Flavorings of choice (e.g., a sprinkle of cinnamon)
- Combine all the ingredients apart from the CBD oil in a small pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking to break up any clumps. When it begins to simmer, remove from the heat and stir in the CBD.
- Pour into a mug or over ice and serve immediately.
An excellent post, congratulations !!
what are the benefits of taking this product? and what is the amount that should be taken?
i have been taking this cbd for 3days and has not helping yet does it some people longer
I use cbd oil and have had good results. I did not know one could enjoy eating foods with cbd.