The Ultimate CBD Skincare Guide
CBD is the wellness trend of the 21st century. It’s touted for its potential benefits in managing several health issues, including stress, anxiety, insomnia, and pain. Recently, the cannabinoid has become a buzzword in the beauty industry, too, with CBD skincare products taking off. The beauty world is constantly evolving, introducing new trends, and brands are always looking for the next best ingredient. In the past, aloe vera, vitamin C, and castor oil have been the key ingredients infused into beauty and skincare products. As of late, CBD has emerged as the “must-have” ingredient in such products. From serums and moisturizers to lip balm, gels, sunscreen, creams, and cleansers, an array of CBD-infused items are popping up in beauty supply stores across the country. Read our complete guide here for everything there is to know about the CBD skincare industry.
CBD for Skin: What Are the Benefits?Known for its therapeutic properties, CBD is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which may be beneficial for certain skin irritations. Specifically, it may help alleviate inflammation and dryness. Furthermore, due to its rich antioxidant content, some proponents claim that CBD has anti-aging effects. Antioxidants strengthen the skin's outer protective barrier and ward off oxidative stress. Therefore, CBD-infused topicals may help protect the skin from free radicals, UV rays, and other toxins in the environment that cause visible signs of aging. Additionally, hemp-derived CBD also contains omega-3 and omega-6. These two fatty acids stimulate the production of collagen and thus prevent excessive water loss. This helps in keeping the skin hydrated and healthy. It’s important to note that we cannot make any definitive medical claims about the benefits of CBD on skin because research is still in its infancy. However, as an anti-inflammatory, CBD may help minimize swelling, pain, and redness related to certain skin conditions. Skincare aside, CBD topicals are also touted for their ability to soothe sore and achy muscles and joints. Topicals offer targeted relief, which means they can be applied directly to the area of discomfort. CBD can work wonders when applied to the skin. However, finding high-quality products from reputable brands is key to ensuring optimal results. At PureKana, we use US-grown hemp to produce our full range of topicals. Our CBD balms are a top choice for those looking to keep their skin youthful and radiant and incorporate a blend of botanicals and essential oils for maximum impact.
How to Choose the Best CBD Skin Care ProductsWith so many CBD skin products on the market, you need to know what to look for to ensure you buy a premium-quality product that is safe and effective. Here are several key factors to consider when shopping for CBD topicals:
- Whether it is manufactured with American-grown hemp. The U.S. has strict regulations for cultivating hemp and, therefore, produces higher-quality hemp than many other places.
- Check the product ingredient list to ensure it contains CBD, which may also be labeled as cannabidiol or hemp extract.
- Keep in mind that hemp seed oil and cannabis sativa seed oil are different from CBD oil.
- Check for a third-party lab report to verify the cannabinoid content and potency.
- Also, check what manufacturing processes are used. Reputable brands are very transparent about how products are made and what processes are followed.
- Full list of ingredients. Since you will be applying the formula to your skin, check what’s inside it. Generally, it’s best to choose products that contain all-natural ingredients.